I can never remember being so happy for a new year. I am ready to start again. Ready to move on. Ready to say goodbye to the past 4 years. Ready to remember the lessons we learned, and apply them in our lives. I am ready for 2012.
Here is our Christmas Card -ok, so I got them out late, so it is a New Year’s Card and letter to all of you:
"Happy New Year", from my family to yours!
- Hot Hubbie Has a New Job! YEA!!! (A really new job – he began Monday before Christmas.) He was so excited, that he never wore his new, black ”Bah Humbug” Santa hat this year. He kept saying that he just doesn’t feel very “Grinchy” this year; that is new to our house during Christmastime. (His 1st week of work went great! He enjoys being at work working.) This year, Hot Hubbie found a new pastime to keep him busy: Boxing. He was able to take out many of his not-so-new unemployment aggravations in the ring. Hot Hubbie’s new task for the new year: trying to find a new way to juggle work, home, and his calling, and still squeeze in few trips to the boxing gym each week.
- We newly got back from Celebrating the end of 3 yr, 9 mo, 12 d. (but who’s counting) of unemployment in Disneyland! We had a wonderful time and Heather almost shed new tears when we had to leave D-land, and take off our new “I’m Celebrating” buttons.
- Heather is new to being home alone during the day, but is excited for a new paycheck (and has a million new ways to spend the new paycheck-fix the car, fix the shower, fix the pool…) She made a new resolution to send out Christmas cards, for the first time ever. (Ok, she missed Christmas, because of our quick trip to D-land, but at least we got New Years card out!)
- Thing 1 (14) is newly Brace-less. She continues to create new artwork on every new piece of paper she can touch. She won the school’s new art competition last year. She is beginning new lessons on the viola soon and is excited to learn new techniques.
- Thing 2(14) is new to High School. She has written (or started) hundreds of new short stories this year. After years of playing, she found a new passion for the flute this year-and earned most improved band member.
- Toad (8) is newly Baptized. He is enjoying his new Wolf Cub Scout den and loves learning new things-he is the new smarty-pants in the family. Toad loves Star Wars, so his D-Land highlight: defeating Darth Vadar in a light-saber duel at the new Jedi Training Academy.
- We are newly excited for this New Year, and all the new opportunities it will bring: New start, New challenges, New schedules, New normal, etc…
These past few years have been long and difficult, but we have grown and learned a lot. We are very grateful for all the love and support from friends and family around us. We could not have survived without the love and kindness you have shown us. Many of your small acts of kindness have been answers to our prayers and Tender Mercies sent to us from our Father in Heaven. Your small sacrifice was a huge blessing in our lives and did not go unnoticed; from doctors willing to see us outside the office, to friends surprising us and picking up our date-night tab, to anonymous gifts left on our doorstep, and so many more, each and every one meant that we could endure unemployment for that much longer. We now understand how a tiny inconvenience could mean so much to someone else. We hope that we can always remember those around us, and strive to be, and act, more like our Savior each day.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
We wish you the best for you this New Year!
Hot Hubbie and Heather,
Thing 1, Thing 2 and Toad